Sunday, March 23, 2014

Re: Happy Birthday, Mom

Remembering My Mother

© Belinda Stotler
My Mother seems so far away from me,
On that beautiful white shore across the sea.
Yet I remember love’s soft glow upon her face,
And the feel of her touch and tender embrace.

When I am weary from the burdens I’ve borne,
And the path is unclear and I feel so forlorn,
I remember her loving support was always near,
And her advice made the path ahead seem clear.

When I feel there is no one who seems to care,
Or when the heartache seems too hard to bear,
I remember how she always stood by my side,
And would tenderly wipe away the tears I cried.

When there are moments of great joy and pride,
And I wish my Mother was standing at my side,
I remember she saw more than I thought I could be,
And know I owe my triumphs to her belief in me.

When I reminisce about the things she used to say, 
And I miss her and think she is so far away,
I remember what she gave lives on through me,
And one day I’ll see her on the shore across the sea.

Mom passed away on 3/25/2009.  If she were still alive she

would be celebrating her 90th birthday tomorrow on
March 24th. I think about her all the time and miss her so much...

                                HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment